Historic Villa On 1.9245ha
House & Land For Sale In Warkworth
Home And Income In One – Contact The Owner Directly
This beautiful turn-of-the-century villa was built in 1912. It has since been meticulously restored, upgraded and extended by past and present owners and sits on a lifestyle block of just under 5 acres.
- Comfortable country living, open plan kitchen to dining room with Stanley wood stove providing central heating via radiators to selected rooms.
- Kauri trim and plate rack in kitchen are all made from recycled timber used in original house.
- Large family lounge with log burner
- French doors connect both family lounge and kitchen to open courtyard, ideal outdoor entertaining and dining, enjoying afternoon sun.
- Morning sun floods the covered veranda encircling the Eastern side of the Villa, accessed from the formal lounge and the dining room.
- Downstairs master bedroom and ensuite bathroom has been created from two smaller adjoining bedrooms and existing bathroom. This charming room is light and spacious and has expansive wardrobe space.
- Fourth bedroom is located inside the front door.
- Separate toilet with shower and laundry complete ground floor facilities
- Beautiful kauri staircase leads to upper floor dormer windowed bedrooms.
- Juliettte room: Upstairs master bedroom, spacious and elegant with ensuite bathroom and Juliette balcony overlooking the garden and orchard.
- Montague room: Double room with wardrobe and ensuite bathroom. Dormer window provides hideaway attic charm.
- This lovingly restored and extended historic villa sits on just under 5 acres. approx. 3km North of Warkworth township on State Highway One, immediately opposite Sheep World. Access to this circular shaped lifestyle block is via a long metal driveway from the gated entrance; past attractive and protected wetland pond and planting (belonging to neighbouring property) around grassed turntable to villa entrance gates. Resurfaced parking and turnaround provides plenty of off-street parking; ample room for guests staying at your bed and breakfast, should you choose.
- Stock yards provide for animal herding. There is a historic red barn/woolshed (home of Warkworth Dog trailing club in past years). Grazing is fenced into three paddocks.
- The land is flat to sloping in contour, steeper behind the vlla, providing shelter from the prevailing South Westerly winds of winter. Established mature trees, English country garden and orchard complete the ‘to the manor born’ feel of this splendid sheltered lifestyle location, encircled as it is by the remaining farmland from which it was originally subdivided. There is a hen house, a dog run, detached double car garaging and two outdoor chalets/work rooms/sleep outs
- Water supply for the house is from roof collection into two concrete tanks.
You won’t find another property for sale in Warkworth like Oakwood. This turn of the century villa has been lovingly restored and extended. The lifestyle property offers opportunities for both home and income just one hour north of Auckland.
If you’re looking for space, beauty and a place to breathe, then you should contact me about this wonderful, historic house & land for sale. I’ve been lucky enough to live here as a guardian of Oakwood and now I’m offering someone else the same opportunity.
Quintessential Kiwi villa and lifestyle block just 1 hour north of Auckland.
House and land for private sale in Warkworth.